How Do I Download Podcasts to My iPod or Other Music Device?
The following is from Using iPod or an iTunes-enabled Phone in the iTunes Help (© 2005 Apple Computer, Inc.). To access the iTunes Help, click the iTunes and Music Store Help from the iTunes Help menu.
Connecting any iPod or iTunes-enabled phone
You can connect any iPod or iTunes-enabled mobile phone to your computer and then copy songs from your iTunes library. With some iPod models, you can also copy photos and music videos, then view them on iPod.
- If you have an iPod, iPod nano, iPod mini, or iTunes-enabled mobile phone, connect the device to your computer using the cable that came with the device.
- If you have an iPod shuffle, remove the cap or lanyard and connect iPod shuffle to the USB port on your computer.
If you see a dialog telling you to restart your computer, restart your computer. After you restart your computer and open iTunes, an icon for your iPod or mobile phone appears in the Source list in iTunes.
Before disconnecting your iPod or mobile phone, click the eject icon next to it in the Source list.
For more information about connecting or disconnecting your iPod, see the documentation that came with your iPod or visit www.apple.com/ipod.
For information about iTunes-enabled mobile phones, go to www.apple.com/itunes/mobile.
For information about copying music to your iPod, search "iTunes and Music Store Help."
Copying podcasts to an iPod, iPod nano, or iPod mini
Podcasts are downloadable radio-style audio shows delivered over the Internet. You can browse and subscribe to podcasts at the iTunes Music Store.
You can set iTunes to automatically copy the podcasts in your Podcasts playlist when you connect iPod to your computer. You can also set iTunes to copy only certain podcasts, or to allow you to copy podcasts or individual podcast episodes manually.
If you have an iPod shuffle, you can only copy podcasts to it manually.
To change iPod podcast settings, connect your iPod, choose Edit > Preferences, and click iPod. Click the Podcasts tab, then follow the instructions below:
- To automatically update your iPod, iPod nano, or iPod mini with all the podcasts in your Podcasts playlist, select "Automatically update all podcasts."
- To automatically update your iPod, iPod nano, or iPod mini with only selected podcasts, select "Automatically update selected podcasts only," and then select the podcasts you want to copy.
- To limit the number of episodes that are automatically copied to iPod, choose "All episodes," "Only checked episodes," "Only most recent episode," or "Only unplayed episodes" from the Update pop-up menu. If you choose "Only checked episodes," uncheck the episodes you don't want to copy in the Podcasts playlist.
- To copy podcasts and individual podcast episodes manually from your iTunes library to your iPod, iPod nano, or iPod mini, select "Manually manage podcasts." Then drag podcasts or podcast episodes from the Podcasts playlist to iPod in the Source list.
- If you connect and update your iPod, and then add podcasts or podcast episodes to your iTunes library that you want to add to your iPod, choose File > Update iPod.
If you have more than one iPod connected to your computer, make sure you choose the iPod whose settings you want to change from the pop-up menu at the top of the iPod pane.
Note: Settings to copy podcasts to an iPod are separate from settings to copy songs. Podcast copy settings don't affect song copy settings, and vice versa.
Yahoo! Music Engine
Click here for help downloading songs with Yahoo! Music Engine.